Midwest Division Summer Internship
The Summer Internship Program at LandCare is a structured, rotational experience designed to provide college students with an inside look at every role within the branch operational team. Over the course of the internship, interns will assist Branch Administrators, Production Managers, Account Managers, and Branch Managers with their day-to-day responsibilities, gaining comprehensive knowledge of each management-level position within the branch. Please see below the team members the intern will be shadowing with and a quick synopsis of their role.
We’re a growing company with a footprint that spans the country
· 4,000 Employees coast to coast
· Over 60 Locations in 25 states
· 25+ Years in business
· $200M in annual sales
With a strong, stable foundation, you can look forward to growth opportunities with us.
The Internship cohort will participate in targeted training and experiences, and will have the opportunity to take advantage of the learning and development programs, as well as the support systems LandCare offers. This includes one-on-one mentorship, an exclusive speaker series with company leadership, custom learning and development sessions, and opportunities to support the local community. We recognize that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical components of leadership for all Team Tangerine Members, so we have ensured these topics are integrated throughout the summer’s programming.
The ultimate goal of the program is to provide a pipeline for full-time postgraduate hires. Because of this, the program is only open to those in their third or fourth year of a full-time Bachelor’s degree program.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Understand and manage administrative processes executed in LandCare’s operations management software
- Lead weekly review of job reports in team meeting to ensure accurate job costing and work ticket management
- Review and process all financial functions within the branch, including Accounts Payable, Billing, and Payroll
- Provide production oversight and guidance to supervisors and team members on client jobsites to drive customer satisfaction with timely and effective service
- Understand and contribute to profitability goals through proper planning of monthly operations, including management of labor and materials costs and review of financial reports and results
- Continuously mentor supervisors to lead teams and develop crew member talent
- Educate and train crew members on a variety of safety topics
- Drive customer satisfaction and retention by understanding the individual needs of our customers
- Maintain LandCare’s Landscape Quality Audit process in conjunction with Production Managers to identify property maintenance needs and enhancement opportunities
- Identify new business opportunities by cultivating business relationships with existing customers while actively prospecting for potential customers
- Coach team members to provide excellent service and communication to all customers
- Provide vision and direction, ensuring all team members understand the branch’s goals and objectives
- Review and manage branch budget, P&L performance, and overall financial health of the location
- Drive performance of LandCare’s four measures of health: safety, customer retention, portfolio growth, and profitability
Successful Candidate Attributes:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
A Few Requirements:
- Currently in your third or fourth year of a full-time Bachelor’s degree program
- Ability to complete a 10-week program beginning in June 2023 in one of our Program Locations
Program Locations Available:
- Chicago, IL
- Indianapolis, IN
- Columbus, OH
- Kansas City, MO
- St. Louis, MO