Warehouse Operation 2 (Re-open)
Job ID: 13109
Location: Bellevue College
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Warehouse Operations 2 performs warehouse functions in Bellevue College warehouse; receives, records, stores, issues, and ships stock and supplies; and disposes of surplus property. The Warehouse Operator 2 will report to the Maintenance/ Warehouse Manager.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Position Salary Range: $42,540/year – $48,924/year
The salary will be determined based on candidate’s qualifications and related experience. Individuals newly hired to Classified position are placed in a salary range based on the WPEA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Competitive salary is within the Range stated above, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/hr/benefits/ is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
The employee is scheduled to work 40 hours per workweek. This is a Classified, overtime eligible position and represented by the Washington Public Employee Association of Higher Education (WPEA-HE).
About The College
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 54% students of color and over 1,300 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
For more information, visit https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/facts/.
About the Department
The Bellevue College (BC) Maintenance Department within Campus Operations supports the College’s primary mission by maintaining internal and external areas of all College Facilities and other assets. The department works in compliance with local, state and federal laws and agencies by following BC’s policies, follows and maintains safety procedures and follow-up Campus Operations program on accidents and safety prevention techniques. Maintenance main responsibility is to provide satisfactory customer service to all students, faculty and staff within timely manner by finishing daily work request.
Material Resources provides services to the Bellevue College (BC) in the form of mail services, archive records, surplus storage and other related functions that will assist the process for faculty, staff and students at Bellevue College.
Receiving and Processing Materials, Equipment and Supplies
• Receive, process, deliver parcels, and packeges.
• Receive and process equipment, surplus, furnishings.
• Receive, process, store and prepare confidential records for departmental use and destruction.
• Assist the walk-in customer for all related needs.
• Operate a variety of warehouse equipment including pallet jacks, electric walk behind lifts, hand trucks, and motorized carts and forklift with proper training.
• Operate pickup, panel and light trucks up to one-ton capacity.
• Perform routine general maintenance checks on all equipment and report the maintenance needs.
Product Stock and Distribution
• Perform all functions associated with the warehouse operations including receiving, filling orders, stocking, and entering data and conducting inventory checks.
• Other related duties in support of the material resources program.
Inventory and Asset Management
• Perform functions that require receiving, recording, tagging, data entry of equipment, and materials.
• Consult with departments for incoming items that are in need of this process.
• Collect, receive, store, issue containment materials including hazardous materials (HAZMAT).
• Process,record keeping and proper disposal procedure’s of materials collected.
• Keep a clean, safe and organized work space.
• High School graduation or GED Certificate
• A minimum of one (1) year experience or training involving warehouse operations or equivalent education /experience in a related field.
• Demonstrated physical ability to do the required work, lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Demonstrated basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Must have a valid Washington State motor vehicle operators license or ability to obtain one upon employment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse colleagues and/or students in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
• Knowledge or familiar with warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, forklift, hand truck, hand tools, ladders and mechanical lifting equipment.
Conditions of Employment
Bellevue College intends to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe, and secure work and educational environment. Each employee is expected to report to work in an appropriate mental and physical condition to perform her/his/their assigned duties.
Bellevue College employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Bellevue College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and your vaccine status will be verified upon hire. Please reach out to the HR Office at mailto:email@example.com if you need information on medical or religious accommodation.
Sexual Misconduct and Background Check:
Prior to start of employment, finalists(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=28B.112.080.
Check frequently in your inbox, spam, junk, clutter email folders for any communication regarding the next steps from Bellevue College and our background check partners.
Reference checks may include, but are not limited to, contacting references and verification of work experience, and/or past job duties.
• This position is NOT eligible for relocation allowance.
• This position is NOT eligible for sponsorship for employment-based visa.
The successful candidate is required to wear the department-provided uniform at all times while at work. Each employee is responsible to maintain cleanliness of the uniform.
How To Apply
Applications received by 09/14/2023 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
All individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will not be considered for the position (only submit required documents with the application, additional will not be reviewed.) Please review https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/jobs/applying-for-jobs-tips/ before applying. Current Bellevue College employees should apply the position through Employee Self Service.
Required application materials:
• Attach a Cover Letter (min 1 pg., max 2 pgs.)
• Attach a Resume
• Attach a Diversity Statement (min 1 pg., max 2 pgs.) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity
• Complete the Job Questionnaires if applicable
If you have questions with regards to the application or the hiring process, please contact Office of Human Resources at 425-564-2274 or email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bellevue College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, language, ethnicity, religion, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Please see policy 4150 at https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564-2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564-2178, Office B126.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact mailto:email@example.com or 425-564-2271.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4550267
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.