Aspen is one of the world’s premiere destinations for inspiration and transformation at the intersection of recreation, nature, and culture. Aspen Skiing Company was founded 75 years ago following World War Two in a moment of vision and renewal.
With a purpose deeply rooted in expanding possibilities, we are company driven by its values and our people.
We operate four mountain resorts (Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and Buttermilk) with summer and winter experiences; the Five Star, Five Diamond Little Nell Hotel in Aspen; the contemporary Limelight Hotels in Aspen, Snowmass and Ketchum; world-class events including the World Cup series and X Games; and a multi-store retail portfolio.
The Recreation Services Attendant position is responsible for interacting with guests to ensure a memorable experience throughout the resort. This position may cover work areas such as base area, on-mountain, parking lots, bus depots and Lost Forest activities such as the climbing wall, tubing and the alpine coaster.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet guests and maintain a friendly and helpful attitude dealing with guest needs
- Ensure the safe operation of on-mountain activities including explaining regulations, policies or procedures involved in the various recreational facilities, activities and equipment
- Assist guests with any equipment for correct fit and proper use, working knowledge of the course and equipment, including requirements for overall safety of the structure, elements, harnessing and proper use by participants
- Be able to answer questions, promote and offer information about the resort, activities and surrounding area
- Set-up, operate, breakdown work area while ensuring a safe and neat environment
- Clear, monitor and inspect equipment, tracks, rides or courses on a daily basis on the ground and at heights
- Report complaints and guest concerns to supervisor in a timely manner
- Check tickets, record attendance, sales, receipts, reservations and repair of activities
- Collect, handle and store ski/snowboard equipment
- Conduct market research surveys with on-site guests when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in the guest service industry preferred
- General knowledge of the resort and area
- Previous experience in one or more of the areas/activities described above preferred
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Basic accounting skills preferred
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under direct supervision of the Guest Services Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, bend or be on your feet for extended periods of time
Regularly work in wet, cold, hot conditions requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company’s benefits and other compensation visit www.aspensnowmass.com/employment/benefits-and-perks