Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program, Partnership for Public Service
Washington D.C., DC, USA
Managed by the Partnership for Public Service, the Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program is actively recruiting its summer 2023 cohort and seeking young talent—undergraduate, graduate and professional students from across disciplines—to join the federal workforce as paid interns.
With just under 7% of the full-time federal workforce under the age of 30, executive branch agencies are working to meet this need, prioritizing the design and implementation of paid internship programs that provide students with valuable work experience, an expanded professional network, and a better understanding of the importance and impact of public service.
Selected participants in the program will receive:
• A 10-12 week summer internship with a federal agency.
• $4,000 to cover stipend and other expenses.
• Professional development sessions, including orientation and networking events throughout the summer.
To apply to the program, candidates must be:
• U.S. citizens at the time of application submission.
• Currently enrolled at an accredited educational institution in an undergraduate or graduate pro- gram.
• Undergraduates must be current second-year students/sophomores and above.
• Able to demonstrate superior academic achievement and have a GPA above 2.5.
• Interested in at least one of the following career tracks:
o Mission support (finance, HR, IT and other fields).
o Government contracting and acquisitions.
o STEM and innovation.
o Public policy and administration.
o Liberal arts (communications, arts, humanities and social science).
Students admitted to the program must successfully complete a background check before beginning the internship in June 2023.